2014年5月3日星期六

A Tai Chi lifestyle

A Tai Chi lifestyle

On every early morning, I can see some olds play Tai Chi Chuan in the square--a whole watch. I have learnt the most about our traditional martial arts—Tai Chi Chuan, on those mornings.
They are similar with what those martial arts dramas show us. tai chi clothing uniform But these old people perform more slowly and leisurely. I could tell from their faces that they sense the existing of air and fully enjoy the aerobic bath while playing Tai Chi Chuan. Meanwhile all their movements are like the rhythmically uninterrupted waves. I follow them to play the"hand-push", which was well known for its tactic and technique, the powerful and aggressive opponent being defeated by a small clever attack or an abrupt explosive power, and Shadow-boxing.

 tai chi


They raise head, square their shoulders with heels touching the floor. Then they bend their elbow and push their palms--all are in slow speed. We just do it circularly for some time.
During a break, an old man comes towards me, sitting next to me and asks,
“Do you like playing Taijiquan?” 

“I, uh, I’m just interested in it. In the very beginning, ancient people used this technique to fight against their enemies, and it is now a very popular physical exercise for the elderly people”
“Indeed. And not just for the old, but for everyone. tai chi t-shirts Tai Chi Chuan does do good to our health. After practicing Shadow-boxing, I can walk with deliberate and faster steps. Moreover, our risk and fear of falling seems to be reduced. So I practice everyday with my friends and that’s just one of the reasons that I become fan of it.”

 tai chi t -shirts


“What’s the others ?”I asked, looking him in the eye, in which I find some kind of firm conviction.
“It is a typical artful Chinese Kongfu, part of our traditional culture. It has a long history. 
Sayings about the origin of tai chi sword Tai Chuan Chuan are always different. All I know is that the traditional legend goes that the wise man Zhang Sanfeng of the Song Dynasty created it after he had witnessed a fight between a sparrow and a snake.

 tai chi fan


But most people agreed that the modern Tai Ji Quan is derived from Chen style Tai Ji Quan, which was said to be founded by a man named Chen Wangting, who lived in Chen Village, in today's Henan Province in China. tai chi shoes And Chen style Tai Ji Quan first appeared during the 19th century in the Daoguang Reign of the Qing Dynasty. 
The most famous forms of Tai Ji Quan practiced today are the Chen, Yang, Wu, Wu and Sun styles. All the five styles can be traced back to Chen style Tai Ji Quan. 

 tai chi shoes


“Fantastic! And I know that Tai Ji Quan has its philosophical roots in Taoism and is considered as an internal martial art, utilizing the internal energy, following the simple principle of "subduing the vigorous by the soft".”I said, according to my understanding.

“Yes, Taoism is the oldest philosophy of China which is represented by the famous symbol of the Yin and Yang which expresses a circular motion that generates two opposite forces, plus and minus, which interact and balance with each others to bring existence to the physical and metaphysical world. tai chi clothing uniform It is so profound and sophisticated that you will not comprehend it unless you think continuously and broadly from your own life experience. And I am trying my best to feel it when I am playing Tai Chi Chuan. It feels great both spiritually and physically 
Tai Chi is more than an exercise for me, it is also a kind of lifestyle emphasizing on the unity of body and mind as well as the ability of balance and self-consciousness. .”

 Tai Chi Clothing Uniform



“Live to be wise, live to be in control of your life just like playing the Tai Chi Chuan, getting the harmony and balance between dynamic and static.” The kind old man just smiles and stands up for another round.




没有评论:

发表评论